CHICAGO, August 8, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The Thurston Group (“Thurston”), a private equity firm focused on investing in healthcare and business services, is pleased to announce significant growth at its seven partner companies in the first half of 2022. Key highlights included:
- Completed 65 stores consisting of 110 locations and ~$170 million in earned income
- 11 new states entered
- 22 managers, 407 employees and 118 doctor partners joined their partner companies
- $155 million of the new debt financing that Thurston has secured on behalf of its partner companies
Key to his continued success, Chairman and CEO of the Thurston Group, Patrick J Haynes III said is his firm’s unique partner-centric approach. Through partnerships with providers in the dental, medical, veterinary, mental health and other fields, the Thurston Group has earned a reputation for treating its physician partners with deep respect. “Our physicians are among the best in their respective fields, so our goal is to improve their healthcare delivery by building a mutually empowering vision with transparent goals, aligned incentives and sustained financial growth,” he said.
The Thurston Group’s current active portfolio of healthcare companies includes:
- SGA Dental Partners, a dental partnership in the southeastern United States
- Gen4 Dental Partners, a US national dental partnership
- ARC Health, a mental health partnership
- Options Medical Weight Loss, a weight loss medical partnership
- US Orthopedic Partners, an orthopedic partnership
The active portfolio of business services companies includes:
- National Dental Healthcare REIT, a real estate investment trust that partners with dentists who own their properties
- National Veterinary REIT, a real estate investment trust that partners with veterinarians who own their properties
“As a healthcare-focused investor, we leverage our deep understanding of the unique competitive, business and financial opportunities and challenges faced by our partner companies,” said Managing Director, Dan Davis. “This allows us to work with our partners to develop and execute compelling strategic growth plans to improve their operational efficiencies and thereby enhance their excellence in patient care and create significant returns for our partners and investors.”
Partners of the Thurston Group, Fender fund, DMD, stressed the importance of “staying true to our clinical partners.” An orthodontist and co-founder of Smile Doctors, a retired Thurston Group portfolio company, Dr. Fender responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with the firm’s partners. His areas of focus include clinical leadership, research endeavors and practice growth opportunities. “The Thurston Group is committed to a true partnership with our clinicians,” he said.
About the Thurston Group
The Thurston Group is a private equity firm focused on building industry-leading healthcare and business services companies. Thurston has an extensive track record of working with physicians and building fast-growing healthcare companies, including Smile Doctors, US Endo Partners, US Oral Surgery Management, South Georgia Dental Management, Gen4 Dental Partners, ARC Health, Options Medical Weight Loss and US Orthopedic partner. In its 35 year history, the Thurston Group has more than returned $4 billion of the invested capital. For more information about the Thurston Group, visit the Thurston Group website at www.thurstongroup.com.
SOURCE Thurston Group